On Sunday September 9, 2013, we had an amazing experience. Many members joined together for food and discussion at the event we called a Day of Discovery. Sitting in small groups, we shared our story answers to 6 questions with each other and the Search Committee about our past experience at St. Stephen’s and our dreams for the future. But the SC needs more input, and we want your input.
If you were unable to be there on the Day of Discovery or if you have thought of something since then, there are many ways to contact us. You can click here to send us an email—just click the arrow in the drop-down box and choose “Search Committee.” Or look for our red and blue mailbox in the Great Hall. Drop a note in the box, and we’ll pick it up. (We’ll be checking it each Sunday.) If you feel comfortable, please include your contact information.
Below are the 6 questions we asked Sunday. We would love to hear your answer, hopefully in the form of a story:
- Take a moment and think about when St. Stephen’s has been at its’ best, has been most successful… Describe that moment… What was happening? Who was involved? What made it exciting, fulfilling, or successful? In a few words, what do you want more of?
- St. Stephen’s seeks to be inclusive. When have you most felt included at St Stephens? What is your best experience of sharing in ministry either inside the church or outside? In a few words, what do you want more of?
- How has St Stephen’s met your spiritual, emotional, and physical needs? Describe a moment when St Stephen’s made you feel cared for. How have you as a member of St Stephen’s cared for someone outside our congregation? In a few words, what do you want more of?
- Change is part of life. It is not good or bad; it just is! What is your best experience of change at St. Stephen’s? What went well? What would you have done differently to help the change be a more positive experience? In a few words, what do you want more of?
- Imagine for a moment the St. Stephen’s you hope for in the future. What do you want the future of our congregation to look like? What does it look like? What gifts and skills do we already possess to get us to our imagined future? In a few words, what do you want more of?
- When imagining your ideal future at St. Stephen’s, what gifts and skills will our future spiritual leader need to complement our gifts and skills? In a few words, what do you want more of?