We thought we were there, but we’re not there yet. On May 11, our search committee presented a candidate to the vestry, who resolved to extend a call to this chosen candidate. Before that call could be extended, however, the committee and the vestry were notified that the candidate had accepted a call from another congregation.
What happens next? The search has again been opened, and the search committee will continue its process of discernment. Both they and the vestry ask for prayers as they attempt to be faithful to their charge in coming weeks and months.
For the moment, we are disappointed. We hold fast in knowing that God is preparing a priest to be our next rector. Until then, let us all remain faithful in stewardship and attendance, in our various ministries, and in our prayer. Thanks be to God for the work of the Holy Spirit in our common life.