Our annual Spring-Cleaning Tag Sale is weeks away—April 26 (6pm-8pm) & April 27 (8am12noon). This is our biggest annual outreach program, with proceeds going directly to the Salvation Army summer food pantry, and we need everyone on board to make it a success. Here’s how you can get involved:
Bring in items to sell—books and media, electronics, clothing, housewares, hardware, and especially furniture and kids’ stuff. It’s easier to bring these the week of the sale, but we can store them if you need to bring them earlier. We also pick up if you need it!
Talk to your friends and neighbors. Tell them about the sale and its purpose and ask if they have any items to donate. Even if they don’t, invite them to the sale!
Distribute flyers and posters. We’ll have them available at church beginning April 7, along with a list of places where we especially want them posted. Please take the time to pick up a couple and post them on bulletin boards, windows, offices, and the like.
Sign up for a work crew (or several). Sign-up sheets will be available in the great hall beginning Sunday, April 7 and posted at www.ststephensth.org. We’ll need help with:
- Sale prep crew (starting now!): making posters, updating signs, even researching prices for special items.
- Monday morning setup crew: a few good men to set up tables and carry items upstairs on Monday morning, April 22. This usually doesn’t take long—and the more the merrier.
- Intake crew: to staff intake hours during the week of April 22-April 26. This will involve one or more 2-hour shifts in morning, afternoon, or early evening.
- Sale crew: door greeters, floor people, checkout staff on Friday evening and Saturday morning (April 27). Shifts begin 5:30 on Friday, 7:30 on Saturday and take 2-3 hours.
- Cleanup crew: After the sale on April 27, everything remaining needs to be loaded onto a Goodwill truck and the great hall returned to Sunday-ready condition. This happens fast (usually about an hour), and the more hands we have, the faster it will go.
- Mini Bake Sale: This is an idea in search of a champion. Anyone interested in heading up an effort to sell coffee and baked goods at the sale, especially on Saturday mornings?
Willing to help with any of these activities?
- Check out the website in coming weeks for more specifics (www.ststephensth.org).
- Look for sign-up sheets in the great hall beginning April 7.
- Contact the church office at 232-5161 or email@example.com
- Contact Anne Buchanan at 841-4096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Say yes if we call with a special request!