Thanks so much to those of you who have signed up to help with the Tag Sale. This is the big week, leading up to our sale Friday evening and Saturday morning. Remember that this is our biggest annual outreach program, with proceeds going directly to the Salvation Army summer food pantry! A few notes:
• The sale is April 26-27. Friday night preview sale is 6-8 pm and requires a $5 admission charge. Saturday sale is 8-noon and is free of charge. Invite your friends!
• If you have items to donate, this is the week to do it. Intake hours are as follows:
Monday, April 22 4 – 7pm
Tuesday, April 23 10am-2pm, 4-6pm
Wednesday, April 24 4-7 pm
Thursday, April 25 10am-2pm, 4-6
Please bring items in through the Eagle Street entrance to the great hall—signs will mark the staging areas where you can leave things. If for some reason you can’t come by at those times or if you need someone to pick up an item, contact Anne Buchanan (812-841-4096, firstname.lastname@example.org). She’ll make arrangements to help you.
• If you’ve signed up to help, click here for a work schedule.
• It’s not too late to sign up to help! We especially need workers for the sale itself (1 shift Friday evening, 2 shifts Saturday morning) and cleanup on Saturday. But we could use your help any time.
• Please join us for a quick work session today after the 10:00 service. We’d like to get a head start on setting up the great hall and carrying items upstairs. This is not a long-term commitment, just a quick half-hour of moving things around. If you’re able-bodied and willing, we’d love a little help! Meet in the cloister room at 11:30. Thank you!
• We still need people to distribute flyers and posters. They’re available in the great hall along with a list of places where we especially want them posted. Please take the time to pick up a couple and post them on bulletin boards, windows, offices, and the like—and sign let us know if you’re willing to take a flyer to one of the specific places listed. Click here and here here for PDFs of the flyers (2 sizes) you can print out and post.
For more information, to volunteer, or to arrange to bring in items:
- Look for sign-up sheets in the great hall.
- Contact the church office at 232-5161 or email@example.com
- Contact Anne Buchanan at 841-4096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.