A year ago, we were scrambling to do Holy Week and Easter online. This year, we return to this season with a renewed interest in resurrection. Lives that may feel stagnated and stopped are beginning to so see hope and joy as something true and real.
As Lent gives way to Holy Week, we will have our final Zoom service on Palm Sunday (plan to stop by the church Sunday morning to pick up your palms!). We need to make room for new ways of gathering and serving the community.
On April 1, we will begin the Triduum with an online Maundy Thursday service at 6 pm, Good Friday (4/2) at noon, and the Great Vigil of Easter (4/3) at 8 pm. These services will be found on our website and may be streamed on Facebook and YouTube.
Services throughout the Easter season will be offered at Deming Park in one of the two Lions shelters–the large ones just past the pool. We will also offer shorter prayer services online as we continue our outreach ministry.
So much is happening over the next few weeks! It feels like we are so close to what we have been hoping for. We’re almost there.
Joining us in the Park?
Spring in Indiana is beautiful and welcome. It is, of course, also unpredictable. The shelter we’ve reserved is big and can get a good assortment of people under it while social-distancing. We can be confident in our being able to gather in most inclement weather.
A few things to remember:
- Please signup ahead of time at our RSVP page so we can get a good count and help with contact tracing if need be. Signing up is super easy!
- Masks and social distancing is required!
- There are picnic tables, but you might consider bringing your own lawn chair.
- Also consider bringing a drink and snacks so we can Bring Your Own Coffee Hour.
- It will be a communion service. You are welcome to participate in the ways with which you are most comfortable.
And be prepared for the Grand Easter Egg Hunt!